BAGUIO CITY, BENGUET– This was a family Baguio getaway planned as a Christmas holiday treat to my parents and siblings.
I have rented a van from Gary Van Rentals (+63 905 813 8138). The daily rate did not include the gas and the toll fees. However, the main reason for this was that I wanted someone to drive for us. In a family outing, it would be tiring for any family member to be the designated driver. S/he will not fully enjoy the whole excursion. Any driver will need rest after the 6-hour drive to Baguio and a good rest is a must before the start of the travel back to Manila.
I have booked a 2-bedroom apartment in a residential area near Camp John Hay. The place was big enough to accommodate all of us. This set-up made it possible for us to cook our own meals. We just rented out a cooking stove for a very reasonable price. Our only concern with the place was the weak water supply to the 4th floor unit we have rented. Otherwise everything was perfect.
These are Baguio accommodations good for a family or barkada:
For couples and smaller group, you can check out these accommodations:
Sites and sights to visit in Baguio
Having a vehicle in Baguio will also be convenient in roaming around the city.
1. Burnham Park– a good place for the kids and the kids-at-heart.
2. Strawberry Farm in La Trinidad– Better schedule the trip here at the morning. The heat can be unbearable in the afternoon. And of course in the morning there is a good reason to buy a warm strawberry taho.
3. Wright Park– Not really a fan of horseback-riding.
4. The Mansion– Good for photo ops.
5. Mine’s View Park– Great to visit during sunset. Souvenir shops abound.
6. Camp John Hay– We had our breakfast picnic here.
If you are looking for more adventure outside of this city, you can check out my commute from Baguio to Sagada entry.